Sunday, December 31, 2006

Winding Down The Year

Sunday, our day of rest. We did not have Sunday School, so I did not have to be at church until 10:30. I drove since my wife's van was packed to run errands. It was kind of nice to drive today. First it was to church and after church it was off to Taco Cabana for some quality Mexican fast food. I had the Carne Guisada Plate, which is a spicy Mexican beef stew. It was not the first time I had it, but I did not remember having it before until I saw and tasted it. Very tasty.

After lunch we drove to Sam's Club to get a memory foam topper for our new mattress that we bought yesterday (ours is 3 inches thick). My wife was not 100% happy with the comfort level of the new mattress and memory foam is what she really wanted. I did not want a 100% memory foam mattress and neither was she, however the 3 inches of memory foam on top of the mattress meets our needs rather well.

We got home and my wife took care of the dogs while I stripped the bed (for the third time in three days) and placed the memory foam on top and place the cover on top of it. After I made the bed, my wife came in and laid on it...she was in heaven. I let her rest on it and she fell asleep...yeah, she was happy. While she was out, I watched most of "Ronin", staring Robert DeNiro, again...one of my favorite movies of all time.

Speaking of movies, my wife and I watched "Road to Perdition" last night. Good film, in my opinion. I had no idea what the word "perdition" meant until I looked it up. I guess calling the movie, "Road to Hell" would not sound as impressive...only more offensive.

Well, I am actually talking to my mom while I am typing this (she talks, I listen) and I need to walk the dogs before we head back to church for a New Years Eve party. It may not be much or it really could be something big...you never know.

No comments: