Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Adventures In Shopping

I am pretty limited on my shopping choices at lunchtime but Target is close and one of the items on my wife's unofficial list was there. After grabbing that, I went over to the electronics department and spied a headset for my mobile phone. Like most places, they had cheap, middle of the road, and expensive. I opted for middle of the road. I picked up a Dove dark chocolate bar on the way to pay and headed out to my car. While I was walking to my car, a woman was ahead of me. In this day and age, I tend to play it safe and keep a good distance between me and single females (older or teen) Today however, I was in a hurry because I was going to be late getting back from lunch. I walked at my normal brisk pace and was about 15 feet behind the lone female. As she past my truck, I hit the remote locks and she turned and looked at me. She then got in her car...which was parked next to mine and drove away...in a hurry. In my black jacket and sunglasses, maybe I freaked her out. She drove away in the same direction I was going. This was not looking good...she was going to think I was a creep. Finally, one block from my turn off, she turned the other direction. Thank you, Jesus.

Word to the wise. If you need a headphone for your mobile phone, do not buy the "Just Wireless" brand. I think they are made by the same people that used to make "Dapper Dan " video tapes. This thing looks like rejected parts from a Revell model kit. The unit has 'flash' (a model making term - sharp, untrimmed plastic) all over it and is very cheaply made. I guess I need to go up a level to get a better quality headset. I could just go to Fry's on the way home (I love that place, but at the holidays it is a ZOO) and pick up one but I am going to give Tar-zhay one more try. Maybe the $30 ones will be better than the $20 ones.

No comments: