Thursday, December 14, 2006

Yesterday...

...was a rather boring day with nothing exciting going on until right before I left work. There was a big issue on an extranet server that we needed to get a vendor involved. I am not sure what the outcome of that was since I was not called on the issue.

I got home and got things ready to go to our care group white elephant gift exchange, which turned out to be one of the strangest ones yet. Most of the gifts were obvious hand me downs, a few re-gifts (guilty as charged, your honor) and only 1 or 2 new ones. I think we gave the most useful one, a gift card at Starbucks.

We got home in good time and I took some sinus meds since my lingering headache had not dissipated. After walking little man, I went to bed...I was bushed!

Today I woke up at 5 AM not ready to get out of bed..I was a little congested, but not bad. I walked little man and came back to feed him and make my morning coffee. I had a 7 AM confcall and wanted to get a shower since my time would be tight. After my first confcall, I noticed I had another at 8 AM...not enough time to get to work so I sent my boss and e-mail letting him know what my plans were: Work from home in the AM, go to lunch with the team (Christmas lunch at Fogo De Chao), then head back to the office for my 2 PM confcall.

My 8:00 AM confcall went well and ended early...SCORE! That gave me time to start this and wash the breakfast dishes.

More later.

No comments: