Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Cold Rain's Gonna Fall...

And it is. It was not forecast last I checked, but it is raining outside and it is a cold rain. Wake up and do the morning ritual, go to church, and by the time church lets out at noon, it is raining. I hate a cold rain. Makes for a miserable day.

My wife invited one of the ladies (older, divorced) from church to lunch with us. We went to Genghis Grill in McKinney which is bigger and better arranged that the one in Plano. We enjoyed our bowls of grilled meat, spices, veggies, and sauces and had some pretty good conversation. It had been a while since we had been to GG, since normally it is packed at lunch time.

We came back home and I began working on my testimony that I have to deliver at church. I really do not like speaking in front of a group of people, but I was asked and I want to try to overcome my fear of speaking to groups of people. Ironically enough, this testimony is on courage. Go figure.

The associate pastor is picking me up since my wife will not be ready when they need me and I am still without my truck (completion date is scheduled for Wednesday). I wrote the rough draft Monday and have not looked at it since, so I decided I needed to polish it since I knew it was pretty rough. I spent about an hour on it and decided it would be good enough. I am gonna flub it up anyway :-) .

No comments: