Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Well, That Was Entertaining...

The rest of my day at work was as eventful as my morning. So eventful that I left at 2 PM, came home and worked. There were 3 people in the building when I left, counting me: The LAN guy, me, and a security guard. My boss was there but left around noon.

I stopped off at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things for my wife. I was gun shy about leaving my laptop in the van, but the windows are tinted and hard to see in. I tucked it under the seat just to be sure it was out of sight.

I got home, unloaded the few items I purchased and logged the laptop onto the corporate LAN via VPN. It ran well for a few hours but began to disconnect near "quitting" time. No major worries there.

My wife prepped a salmon steak (huge) for the grill. I fired up the grill and waited until it was up to temp before putting the marinated game fish on the grill. 10 minutes later, it was perfect.

After dinner, I watched "Ultraviolet". What a waste. Hard to follow, poor acting, but at least the CGI was passable. Save your quarters, kids. That one was almost a snoozer.

I called the shop where my truck is being worked on and they told me they were hoping I could get it back tomorrow, but he would know more by noon. My wife is getting twitchy about getting the truck back. Not sure why...I am the one who is being put out by all of this.

Needless to say, I am going to work from home tomorrow if I can. Driving in to sit in my office is not worth it at all unless there is a lot to do.

No comments: