Saturday, December 30, 2006

Shopping, Chores, And A Movie

That pretty much sums up my Friday night and all day Saturday. Not a bad mix, really. I did spend some time tweaking my Linux server...I am trying to push the limits of 500 mhz and 384 megs of RAM.

I logged off work and watched Star Trek - Insurrection. I can can this about it. It was better (not by a lot, but better) than Nemesis. I guess it is really hard to top, "The Wrath of Khan". That my friends, is a Star Trek movie.

After the movie was over, I went and read some of the book my wife gave me, "Wrath and Glory". I have not really gotten into any real meat yet, but I can tell it is coming up soon. Dr. Reagan (who attends our church) is a very intelligent man that has a lot to say about bible prophecy and I cannot wait to read about it.

I got pretty tired so I went to be and slept pretty well. My wife decided to walk the dogs for me (Thank you, beautiful!) so when I got up I did not have much to do except drink my coffee and wake up. I read my e-mail, checked on some downloads the server was handling, and then washed the dishes and read my bible. I only have about 4 more chapters to read in Revelations and I will be done with the New Testament (second time reading that, 1 time for the Old Testament). My wife was going to go run some errands and work out at the fitness center while I folded the clothes and vacuumed the house. I got all that done and ate lunch just before she came back.

After she got back we decided to go take our first trip to Ikea. I jumped in the shower and got cleaned up and we were ready to go by 1:15 PM. It is only abut a 20 minute drive to Ikea in Frisco, but the traffic on a Saturday after Christmas is unreal. We made it, but it was a test of my patience and my wife's. She was getting a bit frustrated as well.

If you have never been to Ikea before, you are missing a treat. It has a little of every thing and you can easily spend the whole day in the store and not run out of things to see, IF you are housewares type of person. One of my favorite parts is the show rooms upstairs. They show you how you can fit a complete living area in less than 40o sq ft, including kitchens, bath, beds and living area. We were a bit overwhelmed and decided we need to go back when it is not as busy.

We had lunch (salad for my wife, meatballs and new potatoes for me with a Daim Torte for dessert with water to drink) and after enjoying the food, we bought a few things, the biggest being a queen size Sultan Evje mattress. We also picked up a mattress pad, a tea light holder, and some Japanese soup spoons. The whole shopping experience was interesting and I will go back, but I need to go when I have more time. I like housewares...say what you will about it. I guess since I am not great at home or car repair, I can enjoy kitchen and home accessories.

I forgot to mention that our soldier has been pretty good about sending us e-mails. We have gotten several this week. Hooah!

Well, I plan on watching some DVD's tonight, if my wife is up to it. She looks pretty tired. I guess I can go ask...what is the worst she can say? No? If so, I can watch them myself...I usually do.

Speaking of video, I am dying to see who are the winners of UFC 66. The card is great: Chuck Liddell Vs. Tito Ortiz, Keith Jardine Vs. Forrest Griffin, Andrei Arlovski Vs. Marcio Cruz, Jason MacDonald Vs. Chris Leben, and a few under cards that may or may not be so great. If you have never seen a UFC fight you can download individual ones from the UFC web site for 1.99 each. A good way to see some great fights at a low cost.

No comments: