Saturday, December 16, 2006

Winding Down

While my day started early, I did not really get started on any chores until about 10 or so when my wife and I cleaned up all the broken glass in my truck. We worked on that until I went to get my haircut at 11:00. After giving the woman who cuts my hair the run down on the smash and grab, I deposited last nights earnings in the bank and came home. I had a light lunch and then got started vacuuming the house and washing dishes. In between that I helped with the laundry so my wife could concentrate on grooming our two dogs and cooking supper.

Off and on I worked on cleaning up mistergeek.com some, putting up a banner for my generous web host (www.lancomhosting.com), worked on getting ssh and ftp working properly (amazing how many silly mistakes can keep you from getting your work done), and did a little tweaking on hockey-puck, my wife's laptop. Once she gets used to the touch stick (she really wants to use a regular mouse) she will be fine. She likes having the mobility that a laptop can offer. I guess it will only be a matter of time until we get a media vault or a NAS for the office so all our files are in one spot.

After a quick dinner of BLT wraps (my wife fried up the bacon outside to keep the kitchen clean), my wife washed the Golden and I watched Battlestar Galactica. When that was over, I walked both the dogs while my wife got a shower, then we watched a recorded UFC from Wednesday. She got tired so I finished watching the fights and then started blogging.

During one of my e-mail checking sessions, I got notice from Dakboy that he wife gave birth to their son. Hoo-ah! I am happy for both of them. I remember my son's birth (he is a 19 year old soldier now) like it was yesterday. Dak, take lots of pics and video. They will be priceless in the future.

I am not very sleepy, but I am tired. I have church tomorrow and my wife and I need to go out for a decent lunch together. We still need to do some shopping, but I dread doing that. Maybe I can do it during the week.

No comments: