Thursday, December 28, 2006

Return To Sender

Day 3 of turkey leftovers.

The rest of my "work" day went rather uneventful. I understand 1-2 more people showed up at the office, but it was mainly empty. I guess I did not miss anything. I got a few (4-5) R&D site tickets that I dispatched to the tech but he did not return my phone call or e-mail. Not sure if he was off or not. He normally picks up but not yesterday. His partner in crime was on vacation, so I just figured he was covering.

About 4 PM or so, I got a call telling me that my truck was ready. I thought my wife would be happier about it, but she did not seem so thrilled. I told the guy that I would be there at 5:30 PM or so. He called back to remind me that I had to pay my $250 deductible. I already knew about that but at least he was being thorough.

We got there and I have to admit the truck looked pretty good. They cleaned it inside and out, detailing it mostly. There were a few spots (near the door jambs and the corners of the glass) , but it is much cleaner now than when I dropped it off. I tested the remote locks and the power windows. All worked. I turned on the stereo and popped in an mp3 cd (w00t!) and it worked. the darn thing has a ton of features and I was a little intimidated by it. My only complaint was a scuff on the removable face plate. Not that it means much. It looks better than the last one did and has more features.

I drove it home jamming on the Christian rock CD I made. It sounded good, but it took a little while to get used to the controls. It has a very busy screen that I needed to make many adjustments to just to make it viewable. Why anyone would want that much activity on a radio display is beyond me. it was like watching WinAmp or WiMP displays on steroids.

I got ready to go to care group, but my wife was not feeling well, so I went over by myself. When I got to Collette and Jimmy's house, their daughter, Sandra, was dancing with her iPod just like in the commercials. I had to laugh. Later they informed me everyone got a Nano for Christmas. Wow.

We chatted for a while and realized no one else had showed up so we just talked about the "bad old days"...where we were before we accepted Christ. it was funny to see how much we had all changed for the better. Not to say we still do not have areas we can improve upon...Christians are not perfect, but we are forgiven if was ask and accept.

I got home and after walking the dogs and watching a Law and Order I missed a few weeks ago, went to bed. I slept like a baby, no pain, no upset stomach. I got up feeling pretty good and actually enjoyed my walk with little man. I got back, fed him, made coffee and read my news and e-mail. While I was doing this, my wife walked the Golden since she had not been walked in a few days. Both of them came back in a good mood.

After my daily bible reading (Revelations 1-5), shower, and breakfast, I washed last nights/this mornings dishes, packed a lunch and headed to work, where I sit with a couple of things to do (it is busier than yesterday at least) in a mostly empty building, sans the maintenance crew (light bulb's and painting) and security. If the building is empty but I have things I can do at work, that is okay with me. Music will help the hours pass more quickly.

Next movie to watch, "Rocky Balboa".

1 comment:

rycherox said...

The Ipod Nanos are nice. TBH's daughter got one from her boyfriend stationed in Iraq. If I reach the day when I join the Ipod revolution I think I'll spring for a regular one. The Nanos cost almost as much and would only hold a fraction of my collection. I've got a 30GB Creative Zen Jukebox that I've only got filled halfway. I've got more CDs than available HD space!

I haven't seen the new Rocky movie yet. I want to, even though the reviews have not been kind. More for nostalgia than anything else, I suppose.