Thursday, December 07, 2006

Working From Home

Last night we hosted our care group (the regular host home is being renovated...it is almost done) and the dinner was mostly cooked at our house. We had a chicken dish that was fantastic (Thanx Darlene!) and we discussed how little the modern Christmas rituals (decorations, trees, gifts, goodies) originated with Christianity...as a matter of fact, most were of Pagan origins. Fascinating!

Anyhoo, I woke up feeling very queasy (there is a stomach bug going around) and was dreading going in to work. I was afraid I would spend a bigger part of my day running back and forth from the toilet. My wife asked if I could "work from home" and I told her that it was feasible.

My first confcall was canceled (thanx Marion) so I only had to check the ticketing queues, send out a report, and notify my boss I was working from home. Having a broadband connection is very helpful, especially when you have a wireless router to go with it.

Anyway, I have our internal chat program set with a message that I am working from home (as well as my contact number) and my normal programs are running. I can work and run back and forth from my bathroom without care. TMI I know, but I blog what I want.

No comments: