Monday, December 11, 2006

Sunday, Bloody Busy Sunday

AS in most of our weekends, Sunday did not disappoint. I actually could have had more to do, but I told the person I just did not have the time.

My wife let me sleep until 7:15 (we were up until midnight) and she walked the dogs. I fed them and made my coffee while she got the meds and vitamins for them together. After that bit, off to read my bible and get a shower and head to Sunday school. Once at Church, I eventually) made it to class and noticed a new couple so I said hi to them. I soon found out that she was Hebrew (she did not call herself Jewish) and had come to the realization that the bible (for her the Old Testament / Torah was lacking and was missing something. She started reading the New Testament and began studying Christianity. Wow. After class we chatted and then headed towards the sanctuary for service.

After service came lunch and a couple of errands before I came back home to clean house. We did not get a chance to do it on Saturday, so Sunday was the day. While I was cleaning, my wife was busy with some sh0pping (that was OK with me...I do not like shopping). Once I was done, I had some bills to pay and dishes to wash. When all that was taken care of, I started (again but without success) to get hockey-puck running wirelessly. I am not sure what is wrong. Both the router and the PC see each other but refuse to communicate. Funny how this worked ok under Linux but not unser Windows 2000. I know I have something set wrong but cannot figure 0ut what it is. And to alleviate any questions about security, I turned it all off and still no dice.

My wife came home about an hour or so before we had to be back at church for the children's Christmas pageant. it was for the kids that were 12 or younger and it was pretty cute overall. We brought cookies to serve at a cookie reception and stayed about 1/2 an hour after the show was over to say high to some friends.

We got home and walked the dogs and I called mom while I was out with Little Man (they do better when they ware walked separately). Mom was feeling pretty sick so I only talked to her for about 20 minutes or so. After I got back, wished her a good night and let her get some rest.

It was now a little after 8 PM and we have been very busy all weekend long. My wife and I decided to watch "Cinderella Man" at the suggestion from one of our church family. Yes, it was a boxing movie and yes, it had language. It was a good story on value on morals, so we turned a deaf ear to the "GD" this and "JHC", that. I am not a Russell Crowe fan, but it was pretty good nonetheless.

After the movie was over we decided to hit the hay. It was 11:00 PM and we were tired after a long weekend. I contemplated my week and it is busy as well (Trustee meeting tonight, care group Wednesday, Lunch at "Fogo de Chao" on Thursday and a gig on that evening and hopefully we will have a "normal" weekend (whatever that is). I still have a gig to do at one of the church members homes but he is not in a huge hurry. The tips I gave him have helped him some and he thinks he can hold off until after the holidays until I can go over and help him out.

No comments: