Friday, December 01, 2006

Well, I Thought It Was Funny

'Mafia' was on TV (free TV) last night and I laughed all the way through it. Oddly enough this was the first I had heard of this 1998 movie staring Lloyd Bridges, Jay Mohr, and Christina Applegate (who by the way was very funny in her role). While 'Mafia' was not award winning material, it was a grand funny collection of sight gags that, all in all, were funny. My only real complaint was an anti-climactic ending.

While I understand why the critic linked was so hard on the film, it was unnecessary...it could never be an 'Airplane' or a 'Naked Gun'...I do not think it was intended to be. Nevertheless, I laughed quite a bit to my wife's dismay...and I even caught her laughing a couple of times. Wow. Usually only America's Funniest Home Video's or Animal Planet will do that.

JMHO / YMMV.

No comments: