Monday, December 18, 2006

Everybody Is Doing It...

I could not let have Rycherox and Knightmare Duck have all the fun with posting screen shots. I know this may be boring to some, but I like simple, minimalistic desktops. My other box, the file server, uses IceWM.


To the right is what my desktop looked like last summer on my home Windows machine. It is kind of busy, but I think I was in information overload mode. I needed to have all kinds of data handy...all the time.

The wallpaper was one that I found quite by accident and fell in love with it. I really like tigers.








Here is an older desktop I once used. I think this was Breezy Badger Ubuntu, IIRC. I tend to like blues, silvers, and grays in my color schemes. Like Rycherox, I do not like the orange and brown default colors of Ubuntu. I would much prefer, Blubuntu!

Notice the transparent/translucent terminals.









This was an experiment with transparent tool bars. The tool bars you see are actually png files and I lined my icons up on top of them. It takes a bit of work to make it this.

The transparent and borderless terminal was something else I was into for a while, but you cannot move them once opened and that is not a good thing for me. I am always resizing my terminals.

No comments: