Thursday, December 28, 2006

As The Week Rolls On...

Today has been busier than yesterday, which was busier than the day before. I had the typical cases that needed to be assigned, reports to run, and questions to be answered...the sort of thing that I do every day. i then received an e-mail asking me to take care of approximately 20 tickets in the old system that had not been closed out. Curious, I ran the report on the old system and there were 19 tickets, all for Canadian customers, still open or pending in the old system. I exported the report to Excel and sent it back to the mgr, CC'ing those who had the tickets assigned to them. I informed the mgr that this report is ran every week and has been since we started the new system and if he would like to be on the distribution list, I would be happy to add him. He replied with a simple, "Thank you", nothing more.

After than, my dotted line mgr in Europe asked me to work on something with a mgr in the US. He was on the west coast and I am in Texas, so there wasa 2 hour time difference to deal with. She had already called him and left him a message, but he had not responded. I did the same (she had already e-mailed him) and left him a message. Still waiting. I am sure I will be since my company in the US has this week off. What manager is going to be working unless they have to this week?

Right about my lunch time I got a call from a frantic mgr in Europe who was concerned with an issue that seemed to be lagging. The mgr said that the issue was not only affecting Spain, but the Netherlands as well and would most likely affect the Americas. I did some quick checking and found no such issue in the Americas and when I followed up on the original issue, there was no mention of the Netherlands. I chatted with the Incident Mgr and she told me the issue had been mostly resolved and they were just waiting on the customer to confirm (which they did 1 hour later). After performing about 30 minutes of research, I called the mgr in Europe back and left her a message on her mobile phone. I then went to the break room to heat up my lunch. While it was heating, my cell phone rang and I ran towards the door to get better reception, but the caller hung up before I could answer. I called the number in the caller ID, but it was not a valid number. Spoofing? I then checked the voice mail of the hotline but there were no messages. It was not the European mgr.

I ate my lunch at my desk, thinking that the woman may call back. As I was eating, I notice a new car in the far side of our parking lot all by itself. There was glare on the glass so I could not see in, and the car was taking up two spaces. Odd since the parkign lot was empty sans mine and the security guards vehicles. After I was done eating, I walked outside and noticed the driver had the seat reclined and was laying down, snoozing. Not long after I passed by the car, the driver sat up, finger combed his hair and drove away.

Weird.

Anyhoo, I hope to go home early, working from home if I can. This here is boring.

No comments: