Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Well, That Was Rather NIce Of Him!

My old team lead just came by my office to let me know that one of the customers I used to deal with infrequently on the account e-mailed him. THe e-mail started off as a complaint, but also included a praise for me. You see, before my old job function was outsourced to Malaysia, I was L1 Unix support (among other things). Part of my job included account maintenance and setting up new Solaris boxes on the customers network. "The Reverend" as I like to call him, e-mailed my team lead and said "I wish that El Gee was back in the Unix group handling my workstation set ups. He really took care of us...not like those guys who took his place."

Thanx Reverend, I appreciate the compliment. However, do not give up hope. Give the new guys time and they will catch on. Transition is always difficult. It took me a while to get used to doing that job...I felt like I was hindering more than I was helping.

No comments: