Saturday, December 23, 2006

That Was Nice

I went to bed last night at midnight because I was not tired when my wife went at 10:30...I stayed up watching vids on www.youtube.com (lots of 80's hair metal!!). I got up at 8:00 am and found out I did not have to walk the dogs because my wife took care of that for me. After coffee and an e-mail/web check I started on my chores...

After a couple of hours of chores, it was time for lunch, so I ate some leftover baked raspberry chipotle chicken, lima beans and rice and a couple of pieces of Hershey's dark chocolate (I like my chocolate like my college Sven likes his women...dark and not very sweet). I had no sooner sat down when the doorbell rang and the dogs began barking. Thinking it was UPS or the FedEx, I ran to the door and was greeted by a family from down the street passing out gifts of fresh baked cookies and fudge. I realized after answering the door I was still in my jammies but they did not seem to mind...I was just glad I had a hat on to cover my bed head.

We chatted for a few minutes but the barking of the dogs was not conducive to keeping a 3 year old happy (he burst into tears and ran towards his dad). I went in to correct the dogs and came back out to finish our chat. We had to introduce oourselves to each other because we had forgotten first names (although we knew each others last names). I thanked them for their kindness and when my wife got home I gave her the Reader's Digest version of what happened. I hope to be able to invite them over for coffee and dessert very soon. They seem like very nice people.

Just about an hour ago I finished wrapping my wife's gifts. I had been folding clothes off and on for the past 2 hours or so and now we are about done. We only have 1 more task on our list and that is to get showered and head to a wedding reception for a couple at our church. They are such sweet dear people who have overcome so much adversity that I am moved when I think of the trials they have faced.

After the reception we will come home and rest. Tomorrow will be a busy day with church and I need to touch up my testimony and practice it.

No comments: