Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Work, Home, Church...Work.

Not the order I prefer, but that is the way it is happening. Yesterday work started off busy, died about noon and picked up again about 3 or so. Mostly run of the mill admin stuff but there were a few things I needed help on. One of those my TL took and closed without giving me any info on what to do, so I need to ask him, again, how to work that particular issue.

Early in the day I received a call from the man I did some PC work for. This was the second call in as many days. Sunday he called me before I went to church with an issue that took all of 30 seconds for me to walk him through. On Monday, he wanted me to get all the updates and patches for his PC. He does not have broadband, so I downloaded the files (Thank you Dakboy) and put them on a USB thumb drive. Ron*, the guy I helped, found a deal on 1 gig thumb drives. He found a 3 pack for $99. Pretty darn good. He dropped one off here at my office and I took it home and downloaded the files to it for him. He wants me to go to his place on Sunday and do the updates for him. He paid me in advance for my time (2 hours). While he has purchased 6 hours of support from me, I have given him about 10 total hours. I do not do this for every one of my customers, he needs the help more than most and he cannot afford the number of hours he needs. I figure if I charge him a discounted rate (giving more hours than he purchased, he will use me more in the future. I only wish he had broadband so I could do this remotely.

After all that bragging about being off naproxen, I woke up yesterday with a stiff sore back. I made it through the day without pain meds but when I woke up this morning the pain (which is just a run of the mill backache...nothing serious) was stronger. I felt a little better after some stretching, coffee, and my walk with little man, but once I got to work, I broke down and took 2 Aleve. That should help a great deal.

I got home and found my wife painting in the living room. The living room project was started last year by my wife and she began to lose interest after a few weeks. They the holidays came around, and then my surgery. She has been very busy with so many things she just did not have the time. We had a long heart to heart conversation about the plethora of unfinished wife projects and I told her I would help her where should let me. Long story short, she wants to finish the projects, one at a time, until they are all complete. I must say I am VERY proud of her.

I attended the trustees meeting at church last night, at the request of my wife's boss and the pastor's brother. It was ok, nothing special. You do get to hear things the rest of the laity does not, but that can be a bad thing. I may join them, I may not...I am just not sure yet. God is nudging me that way, but I do not know how much I should get involved in church business. That side of the shop can get UG-LY.

I came home and was greeted by my wife who said (drumroll please) that we could move the stereo, TV, DVD, and VCR back into the living room when the paint on the built in entertainment center was dry. YIPPEEE! I was very happy and I was looking forward to getting all those things moved and hooked up. With that good news, I took little man (the Golden did not want to go out) for a walk and watched an episode old Farscape and then to bed. I am still in the first season, but it is getting better as the season goes on. I had to stop on the first half of a two parter, but that is ok, I can pick back up without any problems.

Today I have One on One Discipling with my wife's boss, then we can move the electronics. My wife has more to paint (she is very detailed in her work...she is using an artists brush to touch up places along the trim) on the other walls, but she is done with the entertainment unit area. I am going to have to find some way to show her how much this means to me. Ideas? We are on a rather tight budget, but I have couple of bucks to spend...

No comments: