Friday, June 23, 2006

A Postcard

Yesterday we received a postcard from a friend of ours who is visiting her native Sweden for a few weeks. I thought it was a very nice gesture. While I do not know her as well as I may know other people, "Yvette", a former colleague, has always kept in contact even though she has moved from Texas to Florida after she was laid off.

The postcard was taken across from The Grand Hotel, in Gamla Stan (Old Town) in Stockholm. It meant a lot to me because I have had dinner there and enjoyed walking around that area when I visited Sweden 8 years ago. I really would like to go back sometime...when it is warm! The last time I went it was near Christmas and while it was very pretty (fresh snow and *tasteful* decorations), it was cold. I have been told summer (August) is great there. Maybe I can even go to Gotland Island.

Back to work!

No comments: