Friday, June 30, 2006

What a Pain and My Morning So Far...

Literally, what a pain I had this morning. Not in my back (where I would expect it) but in my head. I had a very painful sinus headache. I still have traces of it now, along with a slightly upset stomach. Actually, I think it is getting worse...at least worse than an hour ago.

I woke up in the early morning hours hurting, but since I had not eaten it 18+ hours (I skipped dinner), I did not want to take anything in fear of making me puke. I tried to sleep but the pain kept waking me up. When it was time to get up, I walked little man as fast as I could so I could get something in my stomach and take some sinus meds.

I fed little man, and started the coffee pot. He ate most of his food and I just dumped the few kibbles that were left. I started packing my lunch and when the coffee was done I headed in to check mail. My first sip was an eye opener. I put way too much flavored creamer in and it was like a dessert. Oh, choking that down was not fun.

I popped a couple of sinus pills and went to read my bible and check e-mail and news. After about 30 minutes or so, I felt better so I grabbed a shower, some breakfast and returned to the PC to finalize a blog entry I was working on.

When 7 AM rolled around I brushed my teeth and kissed my wife good bye. I was hoping it would be an easy day. I hate busy Friday's! As I was walking toward the garage, the Golden looked at me and I knew she needed to go outside to do her business. So after a quick trip outside with the big dog, I was on the road.

The drive to work was stress free and I made it before 7:30. When I logged on my PC, I saw a ton of new tickets (simple stuff, but a lot of it) as well as the escalation mgr asking to speak to me. My mailbox only had a few items in it and I still needed to call TSB and let her know I was not going to be able to meet with the CoGers tonight. There is a church function that my wife and I need to attend and it would not be wise to miss it.

After a frantic morning, I called TSB back and let her know. I had already e-mailed the others so they were aware I would not be attending. I really wish this would have worked out. It is nice to meet new people.

I am finally caught up with all my work. Next week we have people here full and part time, but it is not going to be as bad as I had first expected. I am thankful for that!

No comments: