Monday, June 26, 2006

ETA, 11:00 AM Central Time

Our main ticketing/monitoring/reporting system is down until 11:00 AM, according to the internal support web alert board. Since we have almost all of our eggs in one basket...I can do literally nothing for 3.5 hours...right before lunch time. So I will again work through my lunch just so I can get caught up. Joy.

AAA is back to blogging (at least I hope she is...I miss her posts). This was posted Friday and I am surprised I missed it since I have been actively blogging this weekend. I guess I suffered from tunnel vision.

Since I have already blogged about Friday and Saturday, I only have to note Sunday's activities. Sunday always starts with my normal routine, with the addition of updating www.mistergeek.com. I had a Sunday School Class, but it was a no-show again. I spent most of that time chatting with the business administrator of the church. He is a good guy who also happens to be in my care group. We chatted about all sorts of things, including my willingness to give another shot at teaching a Sunday School class. I agreed, since this was not very productive and I want to contribute. I still have to give an answer to my wife's boss regarding my acceptance as a church trustee. I need to look over the requirements and see if that is something I want/need to do.

Church was educational and interesting. We had a guest speaker, Gary Fisher from the Lion of Judah Ministries. He is speaker who focuses on "end times" prophecy and bible prophecy in general. My wife enjoyed it and it appears that many in our church did as well.

After church I stayed a few minutes to help put up chairs for the evenings children's workshop, which my wife would be assisting in. It went quickly with several of the men, women, *and* children helping. After saying a few good-byes, we headed to downtown Wylie for a home style meal at the Ballard Street Cafe and Grill. I was pleased overall with the meal and service.

The Good: Fair prices, small cafe atmosphere, good service (waitress was excellent), good food medium portions that were just right in size. Very tasty pies!

The Bad: The tables are a little close for my taste. Had to send back chicken fried chicken (it was pink in the center) and my wife had to send back her mashed potatoes because they were drenched in milk gravy (which is normal, but my wife is not a gravy person).

My wife and I came home and let out the dogs who were overly excited to see us. My wife wanted to take a nap, but I was not tired. I opted to watch part 1 and 2 of a 3 part Farscape. One of the better episodes in the second season so far. I am still disappointed in the overly sexual nature the show has taken on. It is good enough to stand on its own without the overtly sexuality. Not all of us sci-fi geeks are pervs.

After that was over and my wife got up, we chatted for a while. Mostly small talk, but it was the sort of things that women (at least my wife) appreciates. I really need to stop and take time to do that more often. I do not want to take her for granted.

My wife went to the church to assist with the Creative Arts Camp that she promised to help with earlier on. She did not get back until 10 PM or so (she had to stay an clean up then run by the car wash to clean the bird poo from the van. I spent the time she was gone by talking with my mom, washing dishes, grabbing a bite to eat, walking the dogs, and watching another episode of Farscape. I also checked the news to see what was going on but nothing seemed pressing, so I went to bed...I felt like I needed the sleep.

No comments: