Monday, June 12, 2006

Captain's Log, Star Date...

The weekend flew right by...I feel tired, but happy. I have been off meds for over a week and my pain has not returned. I am still stiff in the mornings, but I expect this.

Friday...let me think...oh yes...my wife went to the Joyce Myer conference and stayed most of the day...she was able to minister to some new friends and have a good time overall. I was so happy she enjoyed herself. All that she had to pay for was parking. Her meal was purchased for her by one of her new found friends.

I stopped at the store on the way home and picked up some things for dinner. I know this probably sounds like a weird dinner, but I had sushi, a small filet mignon, and iced tea. I had a little ice cream for dessert but I tried to keep the portion small. I have been eating a lot lately I need to watch that.

I spent my evening working on the Linux box and watching videos. A quick walk with the dogs (after they had eaten) around 8:00 PM got me moving a bit. I had been sitting a lot and needed to get off my bum and do something.

My wife got home about 10:15 PM or so and we chatted for a while. Both of us were tired so we decided to turn in as soon as things were locked up and put away.

Saturday I had an appointment to work on a PC for a guy who used to work in this building. It was a a basic PC clean virus/spyware call with some software tweaking and installing. He had a lager number of processes running that he was not comfortable with so I investigated it. He had about 20 viruses that I cleaned/removed, a very bloated registry which I trimmed some, and a several spyware issues that I cleaned. It took me about 3 hours to fix it all but I could have been done in about 2 had I been able to work at my normal pace. He had lots of questions and wanted to test things personally at each stage of the process. No biggie. The service call paid for dinner and a movie for me and my wife that night :) .

I got home and vacuumed the house and washed dishes, took out trash, etc to help out around the house. Once we completed that and a couple of loads of clothes, we went out for the evening. We decided on "Cars" as a movie and we both enjoyed it. The voice of "Mater" was played by "Larry the Cable Guy" and was the hit of the movie.

After the movie we stopped over to T.G.I. Friday's for dinner. It had been a while since I had been there and the food as well as the service was great. My wife, the BBQ rib fan, had Jack Daniels Babyback ribs and I had the Jack Daniel's BBQ pulled pork sandwich. Other than being a bit too sweet for my taste, it was very good. Dessert was offered, but I still had ice cream at home.

We got home about 9 PM and realized the dogs had not been fed, so we quickly walked them and then gave them their evening meal. The Golden has not been eating well, but we think it is the antibiotics upsetting her stomach. He stools have not been normal, but she is not acting unusual.

I stayed up and watched a Farscape episode and then went to bed. I have been sleeping very well the past few days, though I have been waking up tired. I need to get to bed earlier.

We had a usual Sunday (morning routine, etc) with Sunday School and church and a quick lunch at a local Chinese place. My morning walk was uneventful until a large woman in an "baby doll" walked out of her front door to let her dog use the bathroom. The dog saw me and my dog and she had to call it back. It did not listen so she had to grab for him, giving me more of a view of her than I wanted or needed. WHERE I MY MENTAL FLOSS?

After lunch we stopped at Wal-mart to pick up some things for the pot luck at church later that evening and ran into some people we knew. We chatted for while as we were checking out and we headed back home. Traffic was heavy and I am glad my wife drove. I hate freeways when there is a lot of traffic.

After we got home, we let the dogs out and I chatted with a neighbor who just had an in ground spa installed. It looked really nice and he is even going have a covering of some sort to keep the concrete cool in the summer sun. He had it installed as part of his therapy after he has his back surgery in two weeks.

I updated www.mistergeek.com and did some PC updates. I made a mistake on my Linux server and hosed my home directory, so I had to recreate that. I lost all my prefs, but that is not a big deal since it was just eye candy and some shortcuts. Nothing I cannot recreate or replace.

The pot luck was ok, but I was not impressed with the dishes. The desserts were great (as usual) but the main courses were starch heavy. I am sure I will pay the price for eating that stuff for days.

We got home and I walked little man and chatted with my mom. I got back to the house, still chatting with mom and laid down on the bed. I started to nod off, so I told mom that I had better go. I brushed my teeth and went right to sleep. I had no idea I was that tired.

No comments: