Monday, June 19, 2006

Money, Part Two

I did some more thinking about my money post after reading Dakboy's comments. In Dak's post, he assumed 5 million dollars was after taxes, where as I figured 5 million before taxes. I also do not want to have to work ever again.

If I had 5 million after taxes, there are certain things I would want to do:

* Pay off home, van, and misc debt.
* Remodel our home or build a custom home.
* New furniture for the entire house (except our bedroom. That is new and NICE)
* Buy my dream car , a 1963 Chevy Corvette.
* Travel to places that I have always wanted to see outside the US: Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, England, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, The Netherlands, Finland, and Sweden.
* Let my wife go on a real shopping spree. I will even let her buy me some clothes.
* Pay off the mortgage on our church.
* His and hers laptops.

I have pretty simple tastes...

I liked Dak's list...he has his heart in the right place. I too, would set up college funds for nieces and nephews, but I don't think that it would be wise for us.

No comments: