Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Seems Like Old Times

Almost. Junior spent the night with us last night. Since he took all his stuff with him and we have not bothered setting up that room yet, he slept in a sleeping bag on the floor, but I do not think he minded.

We got a call from him last night at 10:30ish asking us for a big favor. Knowing the kind of trouble I got into at his age, I figured he was drunk or maybe he was arrested for God knows what. He said he had been sick and throwing up all day and did not want to go back to drive all the way to Frisco sick. I told him to come on over, unless he needed a ride.

He arrived about 15 minutes later. He said he has been plagued with the severe headaches just like he did when he was a kid. We set him up with a few things and he went to bed. Before going off to bed, he came up to me as I was sitting at the keyboard and said, "Night, dude." He gave me a hug and he hit the hay.

Before he went to bed he talked about his choice of two missions he had: Border Patrol (2 years) or Iraq (8 months). As a parent, I would like to see him safe, but he is 1) A soldier, and 2) his own man. He has to make his own choice. He said he is not liking civilian life and would rather prefer regimented life in the Army.

I prayed again for him as my wife and I went to bed. She looked so normal trying to baby him...odd since she is not his bio-mom. She is however, the best female role model he could possibly have since his bio-mom abandoned him, then foolishly fought to regain custody of him.

Time to finish my kaffe and read some news. More updates later.

No comments: