Thursday, June 22, 2006

ITS ALIVE!

Well, I got my new HD from the repair center today and I installed it. It was not as configured as they told me it would be, but no worries. It is however a 5400 rpm laptop drive (where many are 4200 rpm) and it is a Hitachi. It is running pretty well. I installed most of what I wanted/needed in between the work I did today.

It was busy. My project data came in so I spent most of the morning configuring installation files for the field people. When that was all done, I had to test some new scripts that were made to make our life easier. They worked very well. Good job, "Hans"!

It was busy enough I worked through lunch and did not check any personal e-mail until 4:00...I usually leave at 4:30. With the projects, testing, meetings, returning the old HD to the repair center, and my regular work..the day went by very fast.

I stopped to get gas at Kroger (I got it for 2.65 a gallon...10 cents cheaper than most places in the area) on my way home. It was not very crowded, but people were getting full tanks. When I got home I let the dogs out (Great...now I have that song stuck in my head), grabbed the mail, and fixed a couple of cheese burritos for dinner. I had no idea if my wife was coming straight home or if she was stopping anyplace, so I ate alone. When she did get home, she did not appear to be hungry.

My wife did me a big favor and got some soaker hoses yesterday, so at least our foundation will not suffer with all the heat and the water restrictions. I was beginning to worry. I have been watering them by hand and that is not very efficient.

Well, time to help my wife shear the dogs. I figure I can let Vector Linux install run while I am helping. Vector is supposed to be great for older hardware. I was made aware of it by "Lars" at work. He is looking for a light Linux distro to put on an old 400 mhz laptop I gave him.

No comments: