Thursday, June 22, 2006

Rest, Work, Repeat

I got a very good night's sleep last night. I am sure I will need it today...the work I am expected to will arrive in my mailbox this morning. I am to have it done by end of business tomorrow. It should be enough time providing my normal workload is...normal. Murphy, where are you?

My HD should arrive Friday or Monday. The whole process seems odd to me. I am glad I only have 1 password to change. We us a single sign on here and if I get my PW changed in one place, it is changed for good.

I have Google Earth Beta 4 running...ON LINUX! Yep, native running Google Earth. As long as your machine is high(erish) end and has a high(erish) end video card, you are set. Did I mention you had *better* have current drivers.

I am rethinking the reload of my Linux machine, geekbox. It seems to be running ok for now. Faster, and stable. I will eventually reload it, but not yet. I may do it the same time I end up reloading Windows to keep it simpler.

I burned my first CD in Linux last night (with Gnomebaker) but I do not know if it worked. The CD could read it, but that means nothing...Murphy is always hiding in corners. The CD I burned was an ISO of Vector Linux...something designed for lower end boxes. It is marketed as faster and more stable. I think it is based on Slackware, so this will be a new experience for me. I am going to try it on my laptop (a real challenge) and see how it goes, since I am not using it for anything yet...

Well, I have finished my coffee so it is time to get ready for work.

No comments: