Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Wife Loves Me, But I think She is Trying to Kill Me

I say that in jest because when I got back from doing my last module for One to One Discipling with my wife's boss, I noticed she had bought me goodies. IN the fridge was a half gallon of GOOD chocolate milk, 4 Sobe Green Teas and in the freezer was a pint of Hagen Daas Caramel Cone ice cream. It was so rich I could only eat a few spoonfuls...but was it good. I washed it down with a small glass (4 oz or so) of chocolate milk. That was pretty rich as well and wished I had used white milk!

My meeting with my wife's boss went well and we are both happy that he has finished the modules. He was a little slack on the memorization, but he is a rather busy man running his own business and taking care of church issues.

We had planned to have dinner at a little Italian place at the corner of Bethany and Greenville, but it was closed. The sign said that it was now closed on Monday's. No big deal...we headed towards another little place a few miles away at the corner of Angel and Exchange Pkwy. It was closed, too. The sign says that it will be closed on Monday's as well. What is this, an Italian food conspiracy?

We ended up going to Mimi's Cafe. We both ordered sandwiches and enjoyed a good dinner and conversation. They have a new Ciabatta Meatloaf sandwich that is very filling and very good. The fries were soggy, but I did not eat them all anyway.

After that we headed for one of the parks in our town and completed our lesson. We had to compete with a free concert that was being given, but we hardly noticed. We finished up about 8 PM or so and I took "Jim" back to his car. I went home and walked both dogs and washed the dishes. I was getting tired and realized that my wife was not home yet. I logged on the PC and paid a couple of bills and when I was finished with that, I figured I would watch another episode of Farscape while I waited on her. I can safely say that after 4-5 episodes of season 2, I am not pleased. They are showing more skin on Claudia (Aeryn Sun) and really making Gigi (Chianna) into a little whore. I hope all this changes...soon.

My wife came home about 10:15 and we chatted but I was falling asleep. I still had some personal stuff to do (e-mails and the like) so I did not get to bed until 11:00. I am still feeling the effects of several days with only 6 hours sleep each night. My back hurts, so I had to take a couple of Aleve to ease the pain.

The extra work I thought I would have on my plate has not shown up yet and I getting a tad nervous. Let's get this party started!

No comments: