Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I Am a Man, So Yes I Smell

But I smell good. I like to smell good, mostly for my wife. I am picky to a degree about what I wear that makes me smell good and my wife is equally as picky. She tends to pick scents that smell good on me...to her. In fairness, she would not make me wear anything that I did not approve of. She knows my criteria very well and sticks by it without failure.

My current scent of choice is "Woodland", which can be purchased at Bath & Body Works . I found this scent quite by accident. My ex-wife, (my son's bio-mom) purchased (well, I hope she did paid for it!) the cologne for my son one year for Christmas. I should be able to remember which year since presents from her area rarity, but I cannot. I saw it in his room and asked him if he liked it. He asked me if I wanted to try it and I agreed. I was very impressed with it. It was just what I was looking for. Earthy, clean, fresh, not perfumey at all. I have been using it ever since.

Every now and then my wife will pick me up a bar of the Woodand soap. It has a pumice / exfoliant and really invigorates my skin. I am glad my wife saw it and buys it for me a few times a year. It really feels good when you are very dirty from yard work.

As a secondary scent, I like Polo Crest, by Ralph Lauren. It is not an earthy fragrance, but more of a soap and water fresh, which is something I want in a fragrance. I am amazed at the number of compliments I get on my scent from females and (straight) males alike. I am careful not to bath in the stuff, only using just enough to emit a faint smell that is appealing.

Well, I need to finish up and get ready for work. It could be a fun day...yesterday was!

No comments: