Friday, June 23, 2006

Coming Home

We received a call from our soldier boy last night. I almost missed the call, but he called until I picked up. The phone was charging in the kitchen and I was in the office watching Farscape (I still do not like season 2...season 1 was much better) with the headphones one so I would not disturb my wife.

Soldier boy is graduation from AIT today (I had my dates wrong). We did not attend since we could not afford to go this time. We went to his graduation from basic training last year. He graduates at 9 AM, loads on a bus for the airport and waits until this evening to fly out. He has asked my wife to pick him up and I am sure I will go with her unless something comes up. During his call to us he stated over and over again how he cannot wait to get back to Texas.

When he gets back, he will chill with us for a few hours and then go out with friends. He plans on living with a family he knows for a few weeks until he can get a job. He as an interview lined up with Raytheon in few days. He says he is going to be very busy when he gets back, at least for a week or so, but he welcomes it.

I miss soldier boy. He has a good heart. He wants to be a servant and he believes that God has called him to do that in the military.

No comments: