Friday, June 16, 2006

Rain?

If my calculations are correct, it has been about 45 days since we have gotten any rain. About 40 days ago we received .03 of an inch, but I am not counting that since I could spit more than that. Since that time, I (as well as all of our county) have had to cut back watering to just 1 hour, 1 day a week. I need to water my foundation, but doing it by hand is a real pain and is not very efficient. Since this restriction is likely to be in place the rest of the summer, I decided to get some soaker hoses at Home Depot. When I got there, I was told they were out and not expecting any for a week. Lowe's was out as well. I tried Target (it was close) but they did not have any either. I will try Wal-Mart and the Target near work at lunch, but I am afraid that they will be out as well. The Home Depot guy was polite and very apologetic. I told him it was not his fault that our county mandates this, not knowing that there are not enough soaker hoses in the area to keep up with demand. All we can do for is pray for rain. In Texas you get rain about once a month in the summer. We had it at the beginning of April and it is the middle of June and we are still dry. But that could change. We have rain in the forecast fore the next 3 days. I would be happy for just one good long soaking...not hard rain, just long. 12-18 hours long. If God sees fit to give us 2 or even 3 days of rain, I will not complain. I will even enjoy walking little man in the rain. We need rain and we need it badly.

No comments: