Sunday, July 22, 2007

Winding Down

My weekend is almost over. In a couple of hours I will go to bed and approximately 8 hours after than I will begin another work week. I am glad that my colleague/TL will be coming back from vacation tomorrow. It has been a long, stressful week. If I was not a believer, I may have cracked, but God gave me strength and through him, I persevered.

Friday night when I got home, I relaxed and even went to bed at a reasonable time. At 11:00 PM, I was called by the local Help Desk asking me to look at a ticket. It had been submitted via e-mail from our team in Malaysia. They were requesting a high severity ticket to get an on site tech to reboot a server. I looked up the server in our database and found it was an R&D server that was only supported Mon-Fri, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. I told this to the local HD guy (who should have known this) and told him that if our Malaysia team needed on site support, they knew the procedures to get them and they did not need me to escalate at ticket to do so. With that being said, I went back to bed. The next morning I checked on the status of the ticket and it was back with the Malaysia server team but with the L3 group and a note on the ticket stated they were going to follow the process. I smiled and got ready for the men's breakfast at church.

The breakfast was good and we had one of our new members speak to us about God's will for us. It was good to hear someone in the laity speak up and admonish others for sitting on their butts doing little or nothing but making the most noise about nothing being done.

After breakfast, I stepped in an washed dishes like I normally do then I met my wife at Kroger to fill up the tanks of our vehicles (we earned our 10 cents off per gallon and we were not going to waste it on just one vehicle). Once that was completed, I went home and started vacuuming the house. I finished that and changed the sheets on our bed and then ate a small lunch. We had been called earlier and invited over to Jimmy and Collette's house to help celebrate her birthday and since we did not have any plans, we decided to go. Well, let me clarify that...my wife had plans but I didn't and since she wanted to see Jimmy and Collette, she did both. I stayed at Jimmy and Collette's until my wife's function (Chick Flick night with the women's minstry) was over with then she came to pick me up. Once we got home, we walked the dogs and hit the hay.

Sunday was pretty typical for us. I got up and had coffee, walked Little Man and got ready to teach Sunday School at church while my wife did her thing (I have no idea what all goes into her routine...all I know is that it takes forever to complete). I taught my class and it went about as well as I expected. I had a few people out but I had a new person attend and that made things okay.

The service was good and the message really hit home. The one line that stuck with me was, "If you words had a smell as well as a sound... you have good breath or bad breath. I was a bit humbled and realized that I needed some spiritual mouth wash...the heavy duty kind!

After church we had lunch at The Jalapeno Grill and then went home to our customary Sunday afternoon nap. We slept a bit longer than usual, but we did not have any plans so no harm, no foul. My wife prepped some meat for me to grill (chops, hamburgers, and chick breasts/thighs) and I after that was all done, I walked Little Man again. While I was grilling, I thought back to Saturday when I was over at Jimmy and Collette's house. Jimmy was cooking stuff on the grill and he (okay, we) lost track of time and burned a few of the burgers and a bit of the ears of corn. Some of them were pretty bad. We got caught up in the presentation that his daughter made in reference to her budget for her first year of school and we lost track of time. Most of the food was edible, it was just a bit charred.

When my day had finally wound down, I called mom to see how she was doing. She sounds a bit blue and I am a bit concerned. She needs to get involved with more people her age but she does not really want to. That is too bad, because I think she would really benefit from that.

No comments: