Friday, July 06, 2007

Hurts So Good

I am not sure why, but I ache all over...flu type aches, but none of the other symptoms.

It is Friday and I am on call all this weekend, including Sunday. I am scheduled to teach Sunday School, but I am not sure I will be able to. I started working on my lesson Wednesday, but forgot to bring the file with me (I forgot to put it on my memory stick), so I cannot work on it here in my spare time. Looks like I will have to finish it over the weekend. Once I am done I can e-mail it out and the lady who normally teaches can fill in for me...I confirmed that last week with her.

We only had one issue yesterday but it came up after I went home and since I am on call, I got to track it. It finally was solved at 9:30 PM, but I would not have know since that darn off shored techs never call. Grrr.

Today has been quiet with the exception of an issue that just came up. I love the cases where we are forced to work with our competitors on their product. The chance for conflict always looms.

Being on call during the weekend is going to be new for me this time around. When it is our turn at the weekend, we get to cover for Latin America as well as a North America. I have not had great experiences support Latin America in the past and I hope that either, A) I do not get any calls or B) the techs speak English since my Spanish and Portuguese SUCKS.

My TL/colleague goes on vacation in a couple of weeks so I will get a chance to fly solo and see how I deal with a week without my "training wheels". While I am not overly worried, I want to be cautious. This type of thing is what the old role turned out to be like.

No comments: