Thursday, July 19, 2007

Pain, It's What's For Dinner!

Yesterday went well enough...not busy at all, just a lot of follow up work...none of which bore any fruit. I was able to take a nap at lunch time (in my truck, windows down, parked under a shade tree...nice) and continued my day. Towards the end of my day, I was contacted that a customer wanted to open a high sev ticket. When I asked what it was pertaining to, I was told it was an FTP issue. The man said he had a deadline to meet and needed to be able to FTP files outside our customer's firewall. I denied the high sev and the customer did not appear to be too happy. I instructed the HD person who was handling the call on how to ftp and and even gave them step by step instructions on how to do it. While I am not sure, I think the big problem was education on the customer side.

I got home and quickly set up, then entered a few bills into AceMoney before dinner. My wife was making taco salad for dinner so cooking time was pretty short. We ate the salad and had fresh fruit (blueberries and strawberries) with whipped cream for dessert. Glasses of Cherry Limeade and Lemonade were drank (along with a couple of sinus pills for me) and I started to clean up the few dishes that were dirty.

After I was finished with the dishes, I realized the headache that I had all day was getting worse. I have actually had it for the past four days now, but last night it was the most painful that it had ever been. I first thought it was a sinus headache, so I took some Tylenol sinus, but when that didn't do the trick, I took a couple of Tylenol. Three hours later, the pain (which was to the point of making me nauseas) was still there. I took 2 more Tylenol, walked Little Man, and went to bed.

I woke at 1:15 AM and my headache appeared to be gone but by the time I got up at 5:00 AM, my headache was back, but not as bad as the night before. My walk with Little Man was not very pleasant and I returned home not even desiring my morning coffee. I got ready and left for work on time and as far as I know, I did not forget anything. On the way, I had to take a detour due to a broken water line flooding the street. The break was at an odd location and the detour put me in the thick of normal morning traffic that I normally avoid. Oh well.

The past week (the on call part) has been pretty good...no calls so far and I only have two more nights and then I can hand it over to my counterpart in Mexico. Then I have my normal weekend chores to do.

No rain yesterday, but at least the mosquitoes are not as bad as they were. I need to water the foundation when I get home and I also need to pay the house and car payment as well. Online banking is very nice at times.

No comments: