Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rather Lazy Weekend

Nothing much went on so far this weekend and I guess that is a good thing. I am on call next week and I need to be available "just in case".

Saturday was pretty light in the chores department and I was completely done by 1 PM. There is always painting to do, but since my wife is not overly thrilled with my style of painting, I decided to pass. The house was clean, dishes and clothes washed, the yards mowed, and my Sunday school lesson was finished...nothing for me to really do that does not cost money. I was hoping that a PC gig would materialize before now, but it didn't. Working on a PC while I am on call is difficult (but not impossible) and I would rather not unless I have to.

I watched Bodog Fights on Ion at 10:00 PM on Saturday. There were only two fights (one mens, one womens) but both were pretty good. I am not sure where I stand on watching women compete in MMA...part of me says, "Go for it", the other part of me feels the women are being exploited. Skimpy, skin tight outfits on two women beating the stuffing out of each other seems...wrong in a way. However, like an auto accident, it was difficult to turn away.

Sunday was pretty much more of the same, with the exception of the luncheon we had for the son of dear friend of our former pastor. He is from Nigeria and will be attending medical school in WV...about 30 miles from where my mom lives. I may stop in and visit him when I go visit. Oh the luncheon was taco salad. My wife made her famous home made refried beans...from scratch. Yummy.

I got home and let the dogs out and ate a small bit of ice cream before plopping down on the couch to watch a little Discovery. It was not too long before I was snoring away on the uncomfortable slab of fabric and wood we call a couch. We just have to get something better. We have had this piece of junk for 10 years and I hate it now as much as I did then. It is the most uncomfortable piece of furniture in the house. We got it when we bought our first house in NC...we bought it from Rooms to Go...a mistake we shall not repeat.

I have started taking Aleve again on a regular basis...something my physical therapist calls "Aleve Therapy". Two Aleve twice a day for 7-10 days to reduce the swelling that causes the pain in my back and leg. While the surgery I had over a year ago was a success, I still have issues with my sciatica..however it is not nearly as bad as it was before the surgery. My wife is asking me to have it looked at, but I am not looking forward to more doctor visits and or surgeries.

Well, I guess I need to call mom and see how life is treating her. I can walk Little Man while I talk...at least that will keep me entertained.

Oh, no word back from the scammer, but to be honest, she did not write last Sunday and if my last note did not prove to her that I am baiting her, then she is either playing along, or she is a complete idiot.

No comments: