Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Easing Into A New Week

Being a holiday in Canada yesterday meant that my colleague and I eased into the new week. It was not hectic and only a few things needed to be completed. The weekend was uneventful for the person on call (my TL...I have next weekend as well as this week) and he was able to get some rest. I am happy for him. No one likes a busy on call week.

Since I am on call this week, I was first to arrive in the office. The day went quickly (7:00 AM - 4:00 PM usually does) and before I knew it, I was going home. Once home, I set up my laptop and got ready to take handover from my TL.

Dinner was Teryaki chicken salad. It was nice to have something light for dinner and the chicken that my wife cooked was perfect. For dessert we had strawberries and whipped cream. I had a couple of pieces of chocolate Angel Food cake left so I took one of them with berries and whipped cream. Yum.

Since my wife cooked, I took care of the dishes. There was a lot of flatware and plasticware, but little else. I am not a fan of plastic for food because it is so hard to clean if it gets greasy. I much prefer glass or paper.

After eating and cleaning, I did some bill paying and then watched IFL Battleground. It was a new episode and my favorite team, the Quad Cities Silverbacks won. All of the matches this time were really good, even the ones the 'backs lost.

After that, I watched "No Reservations" on the Travel Channel. It is a pretty good show that focuses on "interesting" food from other countries. Last night was centered on Vietnam and what was eaten (and drank) was rather exotic. It is hosted by Anthony Bourdain.

At that point I was rather tired so me an my wife decided to hit the hay and get some rest.

Oh, my on call phone did not ring at all that night. I did however, get a few when I first got in to work.

No comments: