Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Hook

Well, after 5 e-mails, my little Russian scammer is hinting she needs $100:

"When that I wished to move to live to Moscow. But I understand, that it for me would be difficult, because rent of an apartment costs there expensively. And it is very far. It about 1000 kilometers. And the ticket costs about 100 dollars. Probably it for you is not a lot of, but to me for this money to have to work about half of month."

Notice she tells me the distance in metric, but uses American currency when she hints at what she wants.

One thing I notice about this is that she uses a Gmail account, but she is never logged on to Gmail. Obvsiously she is using an e-mail client... the header info would lead me to believe she is using Microsoft Outhouse Express:

X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
Received: from COMP1 (nat.spectrumsat.net [207.226.45.254])

Of course all her e-mails are in Scamglish, but they are mostly readable. She has already told me that I am her friend and that she wishes we could lay out on the beach together. Gag.

Stay posted.

No comments: