Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Freedom Is Still Not Free

I sent an e-mail to my son today, thanking him once again for his service to our country. As a soldier in the Texas Army National Guard, he serves proudly.

I encourage you to send an e-mail to anyone you know who serves or has served in the armed forces of the United States. The serve so we can have the freedoms we enjoy.

I know a few of my readers are active military and ex-military. Since I do not know your names, I would like to publicly give you a big heart felt thanx for allowing me and others in this great country to be able to enjoy one more Independence Day. I do not care what branch you serve, be it Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, the Coast Guard, Air National Guard, or Army National Guard. If you wear a uniform that proclaims you as a servant of this country, then my thanx goes out to you as well.

I once had given some thought to getting a bumper sticker and/or t-shirt made that said something along the lines of, "My son serves overseas so you can have your right to a stupid opinion." I am not saying all opinions are stupid, but some people seem to forget that we FOUGHT for this country. It was not handed to us. The fight has to continue if we are going to live in a "free" society.

Remember those in uniform.

No comments: