Friday, November 24, 2006

What Was All The Fuss About and When Bored...

My wife and I watched "The DaVinci Code" last night and I failed to see what all the hub-bub was about. My BiC's and SiC's were all in an uproar when the movie came out thinking that non-churched and those on the fence would be "confused" about the fictionalized message in this movie. I think they may have over reacted. Remember the movie "National Treasure" about the search for treasure using a map found on the back of the Declaration of Indepenance. I think historians had more to lose with that movie than we Christians did with "The DaVinci Code". The inaccurate depictions of Jesus Christ were in the very last 30 minutes or so of the movie and while they were key to the plot, you only saw it at the end. It was a suspense movie (and not a very good one...shame on Ron Howard) that used biblical inaccuracies to solidify the plot. OK, but I am glad I did not waste my money in the theaters on it.

This morning after doing my normal routine, I checked my blog web logs and was surprised to see over 20 hits yesterday. While a few of them were expected, most were not. I guess after all the turkey and football and napping, people DO get bored and surf for useless things on the web.

Thanx folks.

2 comments:

rycherox said...

Had no urge to read the book or see the movie. The closest I got was a special on The History Channel. What I saw didn't impress me. I saved money by not buying the book or seeing the movie. And I saved a lot of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico :-)

knightmare said...

I read (listened) to the book. It was a much better "story". The movie did not do the book justice (biblical accuracy aside). As a suspense story the book was ok and they explained the "proof" of their theories in much greater detail. The author has another book "Angles and Demons" I will probably listen to it too.