Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dems In Control / Seek And Ye Shall Find

Well, after only 12 years, the House and Senate are back under Dem Control. Doing a little research, the GOP has not been in power since the mid 1950's. The Dems had the House and Senate the rest of the time. In 1994, the GOP gained it back and things looked good, for a while but soon fell apart. The thing that is killing them is the lying. The party stands for one set of values and tends to support others. At least the Dems tell you what they support and when they do, they stick with it whether you like it or not. Conservative Christians are going to leave the GOP, but I am not sure where we are going. I am a registered Indy, but have voted mostly GOP the past 6 years. I seriously doubt that will continue. I am tired of being lied to. How have I been lied to? Gay marriage, illegal immigration, social security, abortion, and I am sure there are more. The GOP has told us that they will do certain things and they have not. The Dems have told us what they want to do and they will.

Now that the Dems are in control, am concerned that your 16 year old daughter can cross the state line and get an abortion without you knowing about it. I am concerned that if a marriage protection act does not get passed that the polygamists will feel that they are being discriminated against and will insist that their "marriages" be legally recognized. This worries me because that is a snowball rolling down a large hill and the ones who will suffer will be those who pay for insurance. I am concerned that the US and Mexico (and eventually Canada) will be merged into one "borderless" nation and the freedoms afforded to the current US citizens will be null and void or that our social assistance system will be so overwhelmed by the influx of poor that it will collapse. I am concerned that because our government cannot manage money well that all the money taken from MY PAYCHECK will never find its way into my bank account because of frivolous spending and poor planning. I earned the money, let me save it. My 401K and my IRA are earning better than 10% each year, which is much better than the 2% we earn via social security. I know these issues need their own post, but I am not fully prepared to do that...yet.

On a side note, if you are tracking you visitors to your blog, check out the keyword searches used to bring people to your site. Now one that came up recently for my blog was "wife bodysuit", which was associated with a post on female modesty. I wonder how disappointed the reader was when he/she found my site. Ha!

No comments: