Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday Nights All Rght For Shopping

My wife called me up at work and asked if I wanted to go have dinner and shop for a flat panel monitor. Since I was hungry and we needed a monitor, I jumped at the offer.

We went to Fuddruckers for burgers and after we finished stuffing ourselves, we drove to Best Buy to look at their selection. I have a couple of requirements for a monitor that need to be met before I will consider it and so far only a couple of monitors meet those requirements and one is UGLIER than home made sin. I need the LCD to have a vertical adjustment to raise and lower the screen and it also must have a native resolution of 1280 x 1024. So far the combination of the two has been hard to find in my price range.

Since the monitor shopping at Best Buy and Fry's was a bust, my wife and I looked for a good quality coffee machine that will make small amounts (4 cups) of coffee. Fry's had a good selection but was out of stock on many of them and the one I liked at Best Buy used those silly coffee "pods" instead of regular filters and coffee. Lazy bastages.

After we got home we walked the dogs around the 2 mile circuit that my wife and I try to walk 5 times a week. It was a bit chilly but I did not mind, although I cannot say the same for my cold natured wife. She would like to have froze.

No comments: