Wednesday, November 15, 2006

This Is Going To Be A Long Day, Part 2

After getting off the phone with the BiC who is struggling, I went to my Change Mgmt meeting and then the rest of my morning was just more of the same old, same old. I had my lunch and then sat out under a shade tree in my truck doing a cross word puzzle to flex my mind and relieve some stress. After lunch updated my time sheet and followed up on a few issues until about 2 PM when the hotline rang. It was one of our customers, an IT Mgr who is stationed in Sweden. We chatted a bit and then I went to work following up on the issue she was calling about. In the process of working that, 2 other customer calls came in. They were not upset, but they were frustrated that there was not much info being posted about the issue. The issue was complex and multi-faceted, so a clear answer was not available. I continued working this issue until I left to go home before I left however, I sent a detailed e-mail to the Escalation Manager who worked the shift after me. he lives and works in Malaysia, about 12 hours ahead of me. I gave him clear permission to call me if he was not clear on any of my notes.

I got home and let the dogs out and fed them. Both ate (SURPRISE!) and then my wife came home to quickly eat a sandwich before she went to her kick boxing class. We chatted and then she changed clothes, kissed me and went on her way. "Mickey" was coming over to finish his last module in One on One Discipling. He was also providing dinner, a pizza from a great little mom and pop shop where he lives, about 30 minutes away. My wife left 2 minutes before Mickey arrived and called me to tell me he was pulling in. I made sure the dogs were put up and let Mickey in.

Mick greated me with a wonderful meat lovers Pizz from Mamma Mia's. It was very tasty and we had no problems devouring most of it, saving a slice or two for my wife. Mick also handed me a leather bound Promise Keepers NIV bible, which was nice, since my paper back copy is getting worn out. He stated he got it a long time ago but never really cared for it, but he knew I like the PK version so he was giving it to me.

We completed our meal and began our lesson, which was a lot of question and answer, but wnet by quickly none the less. We were able to eat, get the lesson in, chat about the course, and do a final prayer in less than 2 hours. When we finished, Mick left and my wife pulled in the garage. Perfect timing.

Since it was law and Order night and the first epi was scheduled to start in about 15 minutes, I got the kitchen cleaned up and my wife and I watched the episodes while she ate pizza and drank soda. After the second episode, I walked little man, who really needed it, around the block. He was not lying when he sat by the door to let him out. He left me three packages to clean up...nice doggie.

However, before I could get out the door the guy from Malaysia called me to ask a few questions. I gave him the info and asked how he had been and he told me miserable...he was coming down with a cold and was on call this weekend. I know how miserable he was...it was evident. I pray that he feels better.

I got back from my walk about 10:20 or so and grabbed the laptop to check the mail before I went to bed. I did not check work mail since I had the hotline forwarded to my mobile phone. If people need me, I am (unfortunately) easy to get in touch with. I only stayed up a little while, maybe until 10:45 and I went sleep with my wife curling up next to me. Sleep came fast and the morning came quick.

I woke up on my own about 4:20 but laid there until the alarm went off at 5 AM. My wife was already up securing things outside due to the gusty winds we are seeing. The wind is blowing all the time at 30 mph with 40+ mph gusts. It is darn freaky out there today!

I completed the normal morning routine and added the task of securing the things outside so they did not end up in the neighbors yard or worse, the street. I also responded to an e-mail from the BiC I have been working with. The over nature is pretty personal, so I will not blog it here. I did respond and gave him my opinions (which are biblically sound) and told him that while the truth hurts, he will be much stronger if we do not "sugar coat" the issue. After finishing all my normal routine, I kissed my wife and headed to work.

I got gas at Kroger ($2.00 a gallon w/my card) and got in to the office before most people did. I fired up my work laptop and check the mail. Not much in the way of updates, although the issue that happened yesterday may not be resolved yet. I got a voice mail from the Global Incident Mgr telling me that things were still not finalized, but that message came in later yesterday evening. Oh boy.

Today will most likely be a repeat of yesterday, with tonight being care group night and there is only one TV show, Jericho, that we watch will be on. I still will most likely get to bed near 11:00 PM and only get 5-6 hours sleep, but all things considered, I feel pretty good..not fatigued, in good spirits, but a little achy...maybe a cold, I am not sure. Only time will tell.

Ah, the phone is ringing and it is ... my BiC...later.

No comments: