Monday, November 20, 2006

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

I can't believe the news today, oh I can't close my eyes and make go away...

Not really, but I could not pay homage to U2 back when they were not megastars. But I digress...It is Monday morning. I am here to blog about my Sunday.

When the alarm went off, I did not want to get up at all and neither did my wife. I did not have Sunday school, so I had an other hour to get ready...and we needed it. With the addition of Jazzy to our routine, things get busy quickly.

Today was the day of the church Thanksgiving dinner, which was being held later that evening and also LCA's yearly drama presentation in place of worship service. It usually is a great performance and this year was no exception. The production was a little Orwellian and was rather eerie at times, but very well done. After the presentation was presentation was done we grabbed a bite to eat, ran a couple of errands and came back home to let out the dogs. My wife whipped up quick box mix dessert for the dinner at church while I did some quick e-mails I had forgotten to send out a few days ago. After that, my wife took a nap and I watched Battlestar Galactica that had been recorded. Good show, gritty, and filmed in such a way that you feel like you are there.

After BG was over I woke up my wife and we went to have dinner at church. We were both scheduled to serve, but my wife found others to do this for me so I got to relax a bit. I with a couple from our old care group as well as with their kids. Afterwards I roamed and chatted with other men from church. We shared a few laughs and when it was time to clean up, I assisted until it was 90% done and my wife and I (plus some leftovers) came home.

A quick dog walk and feeding later and we settled down to watch "Superman Returns". I know I was tired, but I have only fallen asleep during 1 other movie that I wanted to see and that was the first Star Trek movie. Superman Returns was a snoozer at 1.25 hours into a 2.5 hour movie. We did not even finish it. My wife went to bed and I checked the news and e-mail and was in bed by 10:30.

I told my wife I need a weekend to recover from our weekend which seemed to be non-stop. This week should be a bit better, with only Wednesday being hectic (at least scheduled to be hectic) and dinner with friends on Saturday (which means very little yard work will be done...again. It is gonna be Christmas before I get it all done.

Well, I have to pack a lunch and brush my teeth, put up Jazzy in her crate and hit the road.

More later today.

No comments: