Friday, November 10, 2006

Lunch

Yesterday I went to lunch with a few of my colleagues and one who was laid off a few weeks ago. We went to Pasand in Richardson, not far from where we work. We all ate off the buffet and it was pretty good. Most of the dishes were spicy, but not hot.

I loaded up my plate with a little of everything that looked like I might like, including:

* Vegetable Pakoras
* Nan
* Rice Pilaf
* Butter Chicken
* Chicken 65
* Stewed Goat
* Some other dish that looked like cream of wheat, but did not taste quite like it.
* Gulab Jamun for dessert.

The food was not bad but I did not think that there was a huge selection. I also was not pleased with the service. My drink was never refilled except for my water glass and I did not want to drink the nasty local tap water. The bill with tip was $11.00 -- too much for lunch IMHO.

Afterwards, one of the guys tried to talk me into getting ice cream but I was pretty full from my choices. Later on that afternoon, I began to feel very bloated and realized that they must have used a log of MSG (MSG and I are not friends...let's just leave it at that) and when I got home I was not hungry at all. As a matter of fact I did not feel like eating at all until about 8:30 PM.

I like to try new things. I have eaten several different culinary styles, but I have a lot more to go.

No comments: