Sunday, November 26, 2006

Exhausted

I am still exhausted from the rigors of "Green Friday" but thankfully I am done (with the exception of trimming shrubs in my neighbor's yard, but that is mostly my wife's job). The chemicals have been put down and all the messes have been cleaned up. I even managed to haul away the yard waste to the dump Saturday.

We did not have much planned for Saturday because 1) we were tired and 2) we really did not have that much to do. I vacuumed, washed dishes, and help with laundry as I normally do but I had to alter that to fit around my wife's activities. She was grooming and bathing The Golden as well as cooking veggies for dinner at Mickey and Mary's house that evening. We managed to get everything we wanted to do completed with just enough time to get showered and head 30 miles north to Mickey and Mary's house.

Dinner was pretty good and after eating and chatting a bit we took coffee and dessert (pumpkin cheesecake) in the living room while watching "LA Story" with Steve Martin. I was not sure if I had seen it or not, but as the movie continued, more and more of it came back to me. It was a good laugh (although rather vulgar at times) and poked fun at LA and the folks that inhabit the City of Angels.

We got up this morning and I walked Little Man like I normally do, but I was having trouble getting awake, even after a good strong pot of French Roast coffee. I did my bible reading and then took a shower before heading off to church. Jimmy, my Sunday School teacher, was not going to be able to teach so I went to another class to kill the time. The class was on Christian finances and was a video class with questions and answers. Some of the scripture associations were interesting, but the concepts were ones I am familiar with, so not much new ground was broken, although the teacher is a pretty good facilitator.

We left church after we dropped off a van load of totes we had borrowed when we helped move a SiC. She has been a bit slow unpacking them, but that was okay...the church was not in a hurry for them.

We had lunch at Royal Chopstix, a Chinese fast food place that has some unique features...like all you can eat fortune cookies and you meal is served on a real plate or (if you order a regular entree) in a mini wok. Entree, drink, and a small tip was $17.00 for 2 adults.

We came home after a quick stop to the pet store to get dog food and some dog treats. I was pretty tired so went to lay down and slept for about 45 minutes or so. Little Man woke me up so I decided go finish the yards by spreading the chemicals (weed killer, fertilizer, and spot weed killer). It only took me an hour, including cleanup (tools and a shower for me).

Yes I am exhausted but I really shouldn't be, should I?

No comments: