Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Free Your Mind



And the rest will follow...

On a suggestion from Knighmare, I installed VYM (View Your Mind) mind mapping software on my work Linux desktop (which is a rogue, so I am just 'testing' this ... snicker) and I see the value in it. While my mind map is not as cool looking as his (I guess that says something...), it will help me track getting a Linux machine up and running from scratch.

It has a feature that is nice: It exports to ASCII. It takes the image and coverts it to text clockwise. That is a neat feature.

This is only a couple of minutes worth of scribbling...but you get the idea.

Thanx Knightmare.

BtW, the version for Windows does not work, so I am going to try Free Mind on my work machine. There is a version of FreeMind (Java) for Linux here. Has more features than tVYM, but it is Java, so it is slower. I had some dependency issues, but I finally got it to work.

No comments: