Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Manic Monday

Not really. It was not a bad day at all. Work was rather low key with many of my colleagues taking the week off. While I will not be at work on Thursday or Friday, I will be on call. Hopefully, things will be quiet.

Yesterday was just more of the same for me at work. Nothing hardcore, just some e-mails and some online training. I finished the class, but the test was offline so I cannot get credit for the class until the test is back online and I complete (and pass) it. It is not hard, just basic security things, but I normally do not test well and the longer the test is offline, the worse I will score. Oh well. It only took me 5 tries to pass the "mega tool" test I took online. That test was tricky. No I am not ashamed that it took me that many tries. While I use the tool everyday, the questions were on some esoteric features we do not use much, if at all.

My wife called to tell me that she "could not connect to the server". What she meant was that Roadrunner was down again. I had her reset the cable modem and router and she was back in business. She has the interesting habit of giving things multiple names and getting frustrated when people do not know what she means. Part of it is her Adult ADHD. She is not on meds for it because I am not sure I want her to do that...I am not opposed to her taking them if needed, but not jsut because it will make my life easier.

I got home and my wife was on her way out the door to go to aerobics class. I ate dinner and cleaned up and got online to catch up on news while she was gone. I watched a little TV, but mostly it was for background noise. There was not much on I wanted to see.

I got a call from the head trustee asking me if I had a copy of the meeting minutes since he had not gotten them from the trustee who takes them. I did not have the official minutes, but I had her notes since she typed them up on my laptop, so I sent those to him. About 10 minutes after that, Mickey called me wondering my wife was okay. It seems Mary had been calling and calling but my wife was not picking up. I told him that the reason was because my wife was at a class. I told him I would have her call Mary back.

My wife got home and I asked her if she was going to join me for the walk and she said she did not feel like it now because the class was pretty strenuous. I understood so I took Little Man and Jazzy (the dog we are watching) for a walk to the school. I let them run and play for a while and we came back. On the way back my BiC called me and told me things were looking up for him and his wife. I listened in disbelief as he told me about how good he and his wife were getting along. He had told me that he is going to have to file bankruptcy and he and his wife plan on selling everything they can (except the house) and cut way back. I am not sure they are going to be able to live like that, but I am happy for them if they can. We chatted until I got to the house then I told him I would talk to him later.

When I got the dogs wiped down and in the house, I asked my wife if she wanted to watch some UFC and she said that it sounded good, but she wanted to get a shower first. I queued up UFC 65 and we watched the first half together. My wife was tired so she went to bed while I stayed up and watched the rest of the matches. A couple of them were pretty good, although the one I wanted to see did not end up the way I wanted. Matt Hughes lost to Georges St-Pierre in the fist minute of the second round. Matt was outclassed from the start of the first round.

After letting the dogs out a final time, I went bed. I was tired and needed my rest.

No comments: