Thursday, November 30, 2006

Interesting Day

Today started like most Thursday morning do up to and including my weekly Escalation Mgmt meeting. One of the normally more animated attendees was not present so the meeting lasted only about 30 minutes instead of the normal 60. Also during the meeting, one of the members, who is usually rather polite, decided to go to the global mgr with a complaint, then decided to air it during the meeting. I wished he would have come to me first, but he didn't and we can't change the past. The good news is that there were no repercussions because the issue in question was already solved. I had asked him to follow up on the issue if it flared up again (and it did not). He was upset that I e-mailed him regarding this instead of calling him. The irony of it was that he had been up all night and had I called him, he would not have been very pleasant. In the end I apologized to him and the global mgr sided with me and my methods and all is well. It still bothers me a tad that he did what did, but the past is the past.

The temperature slowly dropped all day long and the rain eventually became sleet, then snow. Not that we have anything to show for it, but it is very cold (wind chill about 15 degree F). Walking the dog when I got home was not fun.

I opened my first regional escalation today at work. Opening one is step one of runnign a full fledge escalation and I think I did okay. I am sure one of the Esc Mgrs will have comments, but I think I can handle him :) .

The issue was a little convoluted but we finally ironed out what needed to be done. The thing that amazes me is the fact that the customer that demanded this be opened is happy that we will not have any info to work with for at least a week and no solution for at least 3-4. Some escalation :)

No comments: