Monday, November 06, 2006

I Have Wonderful Timing

Saturday after I did my normal chores I went to Advance Auto and picked up some wiper blades for my truck and my wife's van. $52.00 later, I left with shiny, perfectly working blades. Sunday, it rained. Monday, it rained. After a dry summer, this seems odd. I mean, the average Texan uses his/her wipers about 3-4 times a year, so the only time you need them, they are most likely worn out.

As I was rummaging through the garage, I found an unused air cleaner (new) that I bought a year ago to put in my wife's van. A year ago, my wife asked me to replace the air cleaner, so I bought one while I was traveling . I popped the hood and found out that she did not need one, since the one in it looked new (my son had replaced it a few months before and did not tell anyone). I just saved the one I purchased, knowing I would need to change it within a year or so anyhow. Well, 15 months later, it was changed. It looked pretty gross, but at least it is done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you picked up Rain-X blades to take advantage of their rebates. $52 is a lot of coin to drop on wiper blades, getting half of that back makes it a lot easier to swallow.

As for the filter, doesn't hurt to change it before it looks really nasty. I know I don't check/change ours nearly enough.