Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Tuesday's Gone

With the wind...

Normalcy. That is the way I describe Tuesday at work and the early hours at home. It was really just more of the same old thing and I was not upset about that. The only things that stand out in my mind are trivial: Trying to take my Security test and it still is not showing up in my available tests, playing with mind mapping software for a bit, telling some of my co-workers about it, and having my old Tech Lead write me a thesis on why he uses VMware as a reply instead of a simple, "thank you". Oh yea, I was not invited to a departmental lunch (sorry, El, we forgot about you) and the head of security for our site came and asked me for some info about a product I used to support. Blah day.

About half of the people in the office (who are still employed) are gone and that means it was quieter, although the two who sit beside me are loud. My door was shut most of the day.

I guess it was a bit of a goof off day, in between support requests. We have people off and they are not being very proactive it giving me any info about who is filling in for them while they are out. I guess they were counting my crystal ball doing that for them.

I found a 2006 UNC basketball schedule in csv format that could be imported into my PDA, so at least I know when the games are. I will try to see the ones I can either online or at a local bar and grill (no booze for me though) when I have time since we do not have the sports channels in our basic cable package.

When I got home my wife called and told me she was having dinner with a SiC (Sister in Christ) in Wylie, That gave me a few hours to kill so I ate, washed dishes, fed and let out the dogs and started a project that I will talk about in my next post. When my wife got home, we watched both episodes of Law and Order and hit the hay. I was pretty tired, although I am not sure why.

I got up and realized that I finally had Jazzy integrated into my morning routine...just in time for her to leave. I almost hate to say this, but I am gonna miss her to some degree. Once she calms down, she is a joy to be with. Of course, our dogs do not agree with me...they just seem to tolerate her. I guess the key was integrating Jazzy into the "pack". A new member has to be the Omega. My wife and I are the Alphas and the two other dogs are the Betas. Only counting the dogs, Little Man is the Alpha, The Golden is the Beta, and Jazzy is the Omega. Once we all figured that out, things were much smoother.

No comments: