Saturday, November 18, 2006

And It Is Only Saturday

I spoke to soon..when I posted last, my BiC had not called in about 48 hours, bit as soon as I hit "publish", he called. We spoke for about an hour...things are not looking up and I am not sure the two of them are gonna make it. Time will tell.

Late morning I read the Fry's ad and saw a great deal on a 19 inch Viewsonic LCD flat panel monitor. It was $249.00 plus a $30 rebate. I checked the reviews and for the money, it was the one for me. The real nice thing is that it has an adjustable vertical base. Not many 19's have that and that was a feature we wanted. A lunch time, my colleague Peder and I drove to Fry's to get one. He liked it so much he got one as well.

The rest of my Friday was pretty light. I stopped at the store on the way home for my wife to get a few things that she needed to finish dinner. She was making meatloaf and needed some bread crumbs. so I picked them up as well as a few other things. After dinner and dishes, we walked the dogs, which was a real workout session for my wife. Two miles of pulling and correcting...that took about an hour.

We got home and watched Law and Order and then went bed...we were both tired and needed some sleep.

Saturday I got up and walked little man and Jazzy...it was not quite as bad as the night before, bit it was not pleasant either. We got back and the dogs were fed while I enjoyed my coffee and chatted a bit with my wife. I wanted to go to the Men's Breakfast at church and since it was starting in less than an hour, I needed to hurry and get a shower.

20 minutes later I smelled better :-) and was on the road to get some grub to feed my belly and some fellowship to feed my walk...my Christian walk. I was right on time to help set up some tables and chairs so pitched in to complete the task. The food was blessed and we ate and chatted for the next 75 minutes.

When the event was over, I stayed behind to help clean up. I washed a ton of dishes and then came home to see what needed done around the house. We could not do much until later that afternoon so I worked on hockey-puck for a bit and then we went over to Ben and Darlene's house to deep fry 4 turkeys for our church Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Each bird took about an hour to cook and 30 minutes for the fryer to recover. Doing the math, that is 6 hours per bird. We were at their house for about 5 hours and I hated to be there that long and wear out our welcome, but it had to be done.

During the day, the BiC I have been talking to had called 3 different times. I had to send him to voicemail once...I just too busy to take his call. He did not leave a message, so I did not call him back.

We got home and let the dogs out and fed them and ate a little food ourselves. I have not had much to eat all day but I do not feel bad...a little hungry, but not starving.

After the dog's food had settled, we took a long walk with them. My wife, tired of fighting a dog that was not lease trained, put on the gentle leader to make the walk less stressful... and it worked. The walk was much more enjoyable.

W got almost home before our son called. He arrived in Kuwait on Thursday and will be there 10 days before he ships out to Iraq. He e-mailed us his address and we plan on making good use of it. He sounded in good spirits and told us he was sending us pictures of Kuwait. I am excited.

After we hung up with him, I grabbed my laptop and started blogging. I have to admit I am liking this wireless internet...it makes life interesting.

Time to get some sleep. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow.

No comments: