Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Busy Quarterly Close

This week is the quarterly close for our customer and that means reports...lots and lots of reports. SAP systems will be running overtime processing and printing up sales and finance reports for managers at all levels. Quarterly close is my least favorite time at work because this is when the customer calls and complains about system performance. Of course we know things are going to be slow during this time, but the customer cannot understand that the systems were designed to for normal to high loads. When the loads get to "ultra high", things will bog down.

The guy on call (who happens to be in Mexico) has asked for Thurs-Fri off. He asked my TL who turned him down and then he asked me. I told him we would take his calls during the day and I would take the on call at night Thurs-Sun. I really did not want to do it, but I am a team player so I agreed. With this Quarterly Close being so problematic, I may regret my decision. Oh well.

I have not been successful in Geocaching the past two days. I think I am 0-3. After striking out yesterday, I began to wonder if I am looking at this the wrong way. It is not about how many you get, but the quality of the hides you find. I have 110 finds so far and only a handful have been "fulfilling".

I got paid for all my outstanding computer work yesterday, plus a check from Yougov.com ... I had figured that I was never going to get that check, but low and behold, they finally paid me my $50 for my opinions over the past two years.

No comments: