Monday, October 22, 2007

Cry Freedom

Well, I am finally off call. This week was not as bad as previous weeks but it still is a pain nonetheless. I was thankful that I did not get called over the weekend.

Sunday I went to Sunday School and service as usual. We had some visitors (a minister being one of them) and the worship leader was a guest from San Mateo California who happened to be a friend of our worship pastor. Overall it was a great service, which was topped off by a message from another guest.

My wife and I ate lunch at a little Italian place near our house and as we were eating, we saw a family that we knew from our old church. We chatted and got caught up on things before we said goodbye.

We got home and immediately my wife went to lay down. I went online to see if there were any local caches I could get and still be within 15 minutes of the house. I managed to get a list of about 12 or so and I loaded them on my PDA. I went in to tell my wife what I planned on doing and she gave me "the look" (my wife does not understand my love of geoaching) and then I kissed her goodbye.

I had a good time while I was out (I was gone about 3 hours or so) and collected 10 caches. That brought my total up to 85 for the month and that is not too bad. Unfortunately the rain is going to keep me from doing much this week...not that it is a bad thing. I do spend a lot of free time geocaching, but at least the only cost is gas...no greens fees, no uniforms, non membership fees. All you need is a GPSr, some sort of transportation, and a free account at geocaching.com .

When I got home I found that my wife had grilled burgers for dinner. She does a good job grilling most of the time and this was no exception. The burgers were perfect. After dinner and dishes, I logged my finds at the geocaching web site and then walked the dogs and called mom.

I realize it is not a glamorous life, but it keeps me out of trouble.

No comments: